The IRON Book of Tree Poetry reads like a lovely mixed woodland. You'll find new voices springing up alongside established poets, such as Debjani Chatterjee, Linda France, Kate Fox, Pippa Little, Jacob Polley and many more...
Last week, World Poetry Day heralded the beginning of spring here in the Northern hemisphere. People shared lines from their favourite poems and journalists penned poetry-related pieces. Here are five weird and wonderful World Poetry Day picks from around the web:
- Julius Meinl cafe chain lets customers pay for coffee with a poem — Evening Standard
- Famous poets explain how they write poetry (and what kind of pen they use!)— Poetryline
- Stephen Hawking reads Sarah Howe’s poem relativity — The Independent
- Langston Hughes’ poem about the importance of dreams — UNESCO
- ’Six of the best’ love poems — The Metro